Nickel silver - Mauquoy Token Company
- Nickel silver or new silver has a silver color. Nickel silver is often used to produce souvenir coins because it is fairly resistant against tarnishing (discoloration due to oxidation).
- Nickel silver 12% is mostly used as a payment tokens whereas, nickel silver 18% is mostly used for commemorative purposes because of its bright silver color.
- Nickel silver has the quality advantages of brass, but is considered to be a safe alloy. Nickel silver tokens are difficult to copy because the alloy is only produced for coinage applications.
- Nickel silver has a specific electromagnetic signature and material density allowing electronic coin validators to distinguish them easily from other coins.
- We have the two most common types of nickel silver on stock:
- Nickel silver 12%
- Nickel silver 18%