There are many different criteria why and how businesses distribute and use tokens in vending machines. These are the most common advantages of using tokens in vending machines:
- Security: Avoid burglary in your vending machines by replacing money with tokens.
- Cash control: Less staff supervision required by use of change machines with tokens.
- Price flexibility: The price of services can easily be adjusted by changing the settings of a central change machine instead of reprogramming all the coin operated machines. Tokens also allow for easy marketing or promotional ideas.
- Increased sales: Unused tokens are sales at high margins. A large proportion of tokens get lost every year.
- Customer loyalty – Branding: Personalized tokens going into wallets of customers are a great and effective way to strengthen your brand name and increase customer loyalty. Customers with custom tokens are likely to return to spend their unused tokens.
- Souvenir value: Some customers, kids in particular, keep their tokens as souvenir of the occasion.
In this section we make some recommendations on which tokens to use for which vending application. Please contact us if you can not find the tokens you are looking for.